KAM Center of Mediterranean Architecture
It is hosted in the Great Shipyard (Arsenali) of Chania, the last of the 17 shipyards located in the Venetian port of Chania.
The construction of the building started in 1585 by Alvise Grimani. During the Ottoman Era, in 1872, a floor was added and a new era arrived for the Great Arsenali.
The building hosted several important Public Services, such as the school of the Christian Community.
In 1892 it housed and theatrical performances in the great Hall.
It was also used as a public hospital, since 1923, and as City Hall from 1828 to 1941.
Katechaki ke Akti Tompazi 31,
Chania 731 32, Greece
Long/Lat: 35.518384, 24.019823
Tel: 28210 34200
Fax: 28210 34218